Wednesday, July 6, 2022

I am Collecting poems from All Existing Notebooks I own for a book. This poem is from 2004, when I was 18 years of age.


Sore or Something.

The way it was.

 Freedom, 

 Achieved through open Graves 

 And open sores,

 Stepping over dead grass killed 

 By the fumes of corpses,

 Life taken by War,

 By men,

 The great score 

 Crashing crescendos over the hills,

 Signal of your time.

 Not foreboding, monolithic.

 Instead serene, 

 A Song of Peace  

 And the final understanding.


 The toys of our childhood.

 Lying rusted from too much rain.

 Declare defeat 

 Before your breath runs away.

 So truth is gathered,

 Truth is saved.


 Polyrhythm and syncopation 

 Drum up desire 

 Release a fire 

 That has burned inside 

 Turbulent sorry could cold 

 Drapes of our eyes.


 Sane is The Game Plan.

 Reversed in Etiquette 

 Of systemic selection.

 Draw nearer the sacred boar,

 Slay that awesome Beast.


 Another trident Stuck deep in,

 The Mother Fork torn between,

 The Feast of Gods 

 Among the Stars,

 The rotten flesh of the Beast.


 Music soothes.  

Moves.  

Creates it new.

The boar is reborn to 1000 trumpets, 

500 guitars,

Sticks falling & bushes rustling.

It was like a recording
 
For a small independent label.
 
Soul.


Fables told by the one-eyed snail 

The teller of tales,

Good stories, but lots of slime besides.

Coughing up wisdom 

There are beings in the trees,

 Lunatic feelers who write 

 Perverse fantasies.

Their fantasies are black tar 

To the white smoke of snail tales.

Their fantasies are real

They suck away all hope and happiness.


 Torment

 The underlying cameras 

 Of our subconscious,

 Photographing our most private

 And dug deep ideas, memories, dreams.

 With one flash of light it is all now art.

 To be stolen from you. 

 No personal worth, 

And put on display at an art gallery 

In New York.

 I have smashed my internal mental camera.

 Now I am what they call insane.

 I will paint my Visions myself,

Damn the demon art that is photography.

Mental pictures I will burn them,

 And sell my paintings 

 For a large sum of money.

 Rich, 

 I will have no more reason to write, 

 Act, or paint.

No longer will I be a starving artist.

 I will have the green paper 

Which allows me to Feast with the

Stars upon the Beast forever.



Null.

Dreary I wander torward a light,

Seems like the drought is over.

Can I stay sober? 

Dying laughing helicopters that speak with spits and flutters.

Tomorrow, 

Tomorrow, 
 
We'll eat some beats 

And goateed Saints.

Explosions crash the shutters.

Trapped!

Unholy!

Unspeaking!

But writing!

And thinking!

Meditating!

Finding reason to dream.


Pulse.

Retreat.

The silence, so neat.

Below my cloak

That whisked and lying

Set with A creature 

A creature undying 

So many trees 

That have been calmly deciding

The loss of your innocence 

In Hell's ugly Garden.


Believe their prophecies.

See the stinging covered in cream.

Lie awake, 

The sad glitter of your eyes.



 Instinct.

 Do not let those truths 

 Float by and  in.

 Let it all begin.

 Read words but select with caution

 See images that have ingrained 

 In your memory.


 Wise collapse

 The dorky relapse

 The finger that snaps

 To saplings sappy creation.

 Two sung doves or

 Three harmonic toads.

 You must always travel 
 those roads.

 Those roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment