Sunday, November 12, 2023

Noirvember week 2 "The Maltese Falcon "


The story follows a San Francisco private detective and his dealings with three unscrupulous adventurers, all of whom are competing to obtain a jewel-encrusted falcon statuette.

When I think of Film Noir,  I think The Maltese Falcon. Growing up my dad had a cheap cardboard and tin picture of Humphrey Bogart, framed in shadow, holding a gun

I knew that photo Before I even knew what a Movie was. I saw Maltese Falcon before I ever knew what a "film noir " even was.
 (Dad always called them "Detective Pictures ").

This is not only one of the best  film noirs, it's simply one of the greatest achievements in cinema.Watch it for Bogart, Watch it for the incomparable Peter Lorre. Watch it for its music, it's cinematography, its,vibe
 A best in class Detective picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment