Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Negative in flowers A Poem By Ray Zag

Negative in flowers 


I’m negative in flowers, 

While skylines scream in pain

I’m negative in flowers,

Where concrete meets the rain 


The impact of loneliness in small rooms 

Impersonal reveries in city mazes

where death stalks love to the soundtrack of 

sirens and bus brakes 

Beautiful California women, the only means 

to my end

My father dead at 27, my mother a drunk

But they meant well; arrested development 

on the east side of Boston 

Monsters and lovers, hot city nights leaving 

my soul on rigid sidewalks 

My sins spread thin, storefront windows reflect 

my pain as I pass by, embarrassed 

Car horn backdrop, urban anonymity 

Silver linings with bad intentions,

as I hold you tight, 10 minutes before 

the alarm goes off, transcendental pain 

as the sun rises over our lives,

as the sun rises over our lives


I’m negative in flowers,

A bouquet for the dead

I’m negative in flowers,

A bouquet for the dead

No comments:

Post a Comment