Thursday, February 15, 2024

Dad Thoughs

My father taught me to be a free thinker. But when I started thinking freely, we had problems. I remember the first time I ever stood up to my father . The details don't matter except I was 17, and it was about of all things, a dish. But still something had shifted. As time went on we grew further apart. I had grown up idolizing my father. Young people have whatever deity, be it religious, academic, artistic or otherwise they look up to.  I had the legend of Larry Dale Adam's. The stories of 1960s east end Cincinnati.  Seeing Iggy and the stooges at Crosley field in 1970. Running from cops atop a train that ran past the back of his house. Then I got to an age where I would not let ANYONE tell me what to do. That didn't sit well with former Teen Rebel Larry Adams, who I think could never quite figure me out. Anti capitalist? Thinks existence itself is a joke? Reads the Beats and listens to Jazz which to my ears is fucking noise? I can't imagine his position but I knew mine. And if he was still with us he would agree that I had to follow my own truth....

TBC....

No comments:

Post a Comment